Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I hope it's only hormones

Let's not get into a discussion with what is wrong about my endocrine system but I hope that this funk is only due to a major onslaught of female hormones. I hope it's the time of the month and not some other chemical imbalance that requires mood-altering medication.

I woke up in such a terrible mood not even two donuts before 10am could fix it. TWO. I never even have more than one donut in a week.

It's that bad.

I am generally a nice person. But when I'm not feeling nice, it's ugly. I can say very very mean things. I have that kind of skill. I'm largely non-confrontational because I'm afraid of what I could say that could hurt.

This morning at the lobby, I asked a guy to go back to the end of the line waiting to get inside the elevator. I must have looked like a troll because once inside the elevator, he asked me if he ruined my day. I stopped to think and I said, now that you're talking to me, you've ruined it. FYI, our elevator can hold up to 20 people and this was during rush hour. I should've stopped a beat more and held my tongue.

Then I snapped at the staff and cried in the bathroom. I'm such a girl.

I should just go and run this thing out of my system.

No comments: