Saturday, October 28, 2006

Letting Go

I was a make-up junkie. I bought new product every week. Not that I wore a lot of make-up, I just liked to horde and play with them. I had enough to work with to copy most anything off Face Forward.

Then triathlon happened and no time for make-up and most of my base colors were already off because of my perpetual tan. Now, what I need on a daily basis is my powder, mascara, cheek color and a lip gloss. And my favorite shade of Shu Uemura lipstick that a friend picked out.

Early this year, I gave away more than half my stash. I kept my favorites and limited edition products. That was pretty easy.

But today, I did the unthinkable -I let go of my precious Chanel limited edition rouges. And some absolute favorite Dior glosses, the prettiest Face Stockholm dust, Awake lip color and even my Estee Lauder bronze patina that never even made it here.

I gave it to my friend's wife who is now studying make-up with Arbee, my absolute favorite make-up consultant at MAC. Arbee and I were shocked to see each other at the class when I dropped off the stuff - he then proceeded to tell of my afternoons at MAC and Bobbi Brown, convincing clueless women into buying stuf they don't need. But I digress ...

I'm glad I gave my favorite stuff away. It's a sign I'm finally over my make-up phase. It wasn't easy letting go, but it felt good.

No comments: